The 'Families affected by' group is a peer support group for families that have been affected by drugs and alcohol, they meet fortnightly.
Are you affected by someone's misuse of alcohol, drugs or prescription drugs?
Are you feeling stressed, exhausted, helpless, isolated, under pressure and at the end of your tether?
Are you looking for someone to talk to and someone who will listen?
The FAB group may be able to support you.
We meet every other Tues at Market House from 5.30 - 7pm.
It is a relaxed informal meeting where we sometimes talk about how we are feeling, our experiences with our family member who uses drugs or alcohol and we also invite visitors that provide us with useful information and support.
Everything that is said is treated in complete confidence and a non-judgemental way.
Quotes from our group
"Meeting people at the group who are going through the same problems, helped me to cope"
"It is good to meet and speak with folk who have similar problems. I don't feel so isolated now"
Karen Hannay - 01595 743923
Help & Support
- Drop in session - Salvation Army Halls - Monday 2.30 -4pm
- Needle exchange at the Chemist at the Cross
- National Drugs Helpline - 0800 776600
- Alcoholic Anonymous - 0845 7697555
- Scottish Families affected by Alcohol & Drugs - 0808 0101011
- Police - 101 - ask to be transferred to the Lerwick Police Station
- Gilbert Bain Hospital - 01595 743000
- Duty Social Work - 01595 695611
- Samaritans - 0845 7 90 90 90
- CAB - 01595 694696
- Salvation Army - 01595 693094
- Women's Aid - 01595 692070