Covid-19 Emergency Funding for Carers
With Awards for All funding, we are able to offer a range of small grants of up to £50 to provide emergency financial support to families to minimise the additional financial burden on carers during Covid-19 lockdown.
************PLEASE NOTE THIS FUNDING IS NOW CLOSED************
The Covid-19 Carers Emergency Fund is available to benefit Carers and the people they care for living within Shetland.
We understand that Carers, the people they care for and their families may face unexpected difficulties due to their circumstances changing due to Covid-19 lockdown. We are therefore offering a range of small grants of up to £50 to provide emergency financial support to families to minimise the additional financial burden on carers. This fund will remain open from 7th May until funds are used.
- Applicants must be Carers, Young Adult Carers or Young Carers. A Carer is defined as someone who provides unpaid support to a family member or friend who could not manage without this help due to a long-term illness, disability, mental health or substance misuse problem.
- The Carer must live in Shetland.
- Parent/guardian must sign applications for Young Carers under 16.
If you are not known to our service, we will require the name of someone who can confirm you are a Carer
What Can be Funded?
1. GRANTS FOR HOUSEHOLD FOOD - Up to £50 can be made available to help purchase household food. This will be given out by way of voucher either for supermarket or a local shop. This excludes alcohol, tobacco or scratch cards.
2. GRANTS FOR UTILITY BILLS - Up to £50 can be made available to help with utility bills. Please provide details of how this is currently paid so that we can make suitable arrangements.
3. GRANTS FOR ENTERTAINMENT / LEISURE - It is important for your own health and wellbeing that you continue to have time out from your caring role. We understand that during these times Carers cannot access a traditional type of break and we can provide a small grant of up to £40 to pay for something that will help you have a break, for example; Audiobook subscription, Magazine subscription, Arts and crafts materials, Online fitness membership.
Complete the application form here and email to: [email protected]. If you have any problems, please call 01595 743980. Please tick the type of grant you are applying for bearing in mind that you ARE allowed to apply for more than one category at a time. You can also re-apply for Grants in sections 1 and 2 again if needed.
What happens next?
Once you submit your application it will be considered by a panel and you will receive a response within 7 days.
If successful, we will issue a cheque within the 7 days.
You must provide us with receipts for your purchase/retain your receipt for auditing purposes.
We will ask you to complete an evaluation.