Share on
Contribute a Pledge
Ask a Question

Working with Adult Carers

The Carers act now means that the local authority has a statutory duty to provide the following:-

  • Carer Support Plans / Young Carer Statements
  • Emergency planning
  • Carer involvement in hospital discharge

Carer support plans and Young Carer statements can be carried out by Social Workers, Senior Social Care workers in the outer areas of Shetland. VAS are currently working with Shetland Islands Council to agree a service level agreement that will include VAS carrying out some of the Carer Support plans that carers are entitled to.

If you are carrying out a carer support plan please make sure that you are sign posting to the following:-

We are also able to provide 1:1 support to ensure carers feel supported in their caring role. If you would like to refer to Shetland Carers, please complete the referral form.

Sign up

We'd love to keep you updated with our news, meetings & events, and our activites and appeals.