Share on
Contribute a Pledge
Ask a Question

Travel Companion

At a recent meeting of carers we were discussing the C+ card. This is an extension of your National entitlement card. It means that if you need a companion to help you when travelling by bus your National Entitlement Card will allow them to travel for free too.

Travelling with a companion can make things much easier. Helping you on and off the bus, carrying shopping or communicating with the driver and it helps to maintain the freedom you get with the National Entitlement Card.

Your companion is entitled to travel for free if you meet one of the following criteria:

  • You live in a care/residential home or hospital and are eligible for the higher or middle rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance, or Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance
  • You receive the higher or middle rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance
  • You receive the standard or enhanced rate of daily living component of Personal Independence Payment
  • You receive Attendance Allowance
  • You are registered blind
  • You receive war pensions constant attendance allowance.

You will need to provide evidence of the above, to receive the companion entitlement.

In Shetland if you wish to find out more please contact Transport on 01595 744868 or you can call in at North Ness to see them.

All News

Sign up

We'd love to keep you updated with our news, meetings & events, and our activites and appeals.