Opportunity for Young People 16-25 - HERITAGE BLUEPRINT
Work with The National Trust for Scotland and Young Scot
The National Trust for Scotland (NTS) is keen to work more with young people to understand your views, attitudes and behaviours towards heritage in Scotland, both now and in the future.
Over the next 12 months, NTS and Young Scot would like to work a team of 15 passionate young people aged 16-25 to increase young people’s active involvement in NTS as an organisation.
You will get the opportunity to make a real difference by creating opportunities with NTS to shape its engagement and membership offer for young people. Part of the team of young people, you will develop an exciting programme of work, that could include visiting NTS properties, sharing your experiences and ideas.
You don’t have to have any previous knowledge or experience to get involved! If you’re enthusiastic and eager to make a difference, we'd love to work with you!
What will you get from the project?
- An opportunity to visit some of Scotland's beautiful and loved heritage sites.
- A chance to boost your CV with work shadowing at a National Trust location.
- Achieve recognition for your involvement through accreditation such as a Youth Achievement Award
- Receive training based on what skills you'd like to develop such as leadership, communication and team work.
- Receive mentoring and support
- Increase your confidence, be empowered and challenge decision makers
- Challenge yourself to be innovative and create wild ideas
- Make friends for life – our volunteers have the opportunity to meet other young people from across Scotland
We’re looking for people who are passionate, curious, creative, team players, experimental, aspirational…use your application to show us what makes you unique!
Once you have submitted your application a member of Young Scot will be in touch if you have been invited to take part in our Call Back Session on 7th July 2015 (but if you can’t make it don’t worry – it’s not a deal breaker!).
After our call back session you will be notified by 10th July 2015 about what role you have been offered!
Project Kick Off
We will be hosting a weekend meeting on 18th and 19th July 2015.
If you have any questions or to submit an application please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 313 2488 and ask for the Co-design Team.
Toni Mackay / Co-Design Assistant
0131 313 2488
Rosebery House, 9 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5EZ
Registered in Scotland, No. 202687. Scottish Charity, No. SC029757. Terms and Conditions.